JavaScript SDK-Facebook

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Family [Photos]





 McGillivray FAMILY


McGillivrays everywhere I look. As I look through photo albums that have been shared with me, I lose track of time, in every sense. I see pictures of men and women I have only seen in my genealogy research.  I see 'family life' that I feel I could have easily been a part of. I read short stories of the incident behind the photo that transport there, laughing with the family. And I see pictures of men and women that look so very much like my dear grandpa (R.I.P. Eshcol), and like my wonderful mom, aunts and uncles. Oh, and I can't forget myself and my children. The McGillivray genetic traits are strong. 

So join me in viewing just a small sampling of photos, of just a few McGillivray families. 





McGillivrays
at Alexander's funeral

Descendants of Eshcol Leroy McGillivray
Brothers: William (Bill), John, Bud, & Frank McGillivray
Sisters: 
Linda & husband Loren

Gram dancing with Dave(: Jim, Mackie, & Dougie

Dave McGillivray - Marine
William and wife Minnie
Maxine McGillivray Ringler
playing Bingo, a favorite activity

Maxine McGillivray Ringler and Bud McGillivray


Back row; Vivian McGillivray, Lillian McGillivray, Ruth McGillivray, Easter McGillivray, Helen McGillivray, Front row: Gertrude Olin, Camilla Olin, Beula McGillivray, Rena Olin, Lorraine McGillivray

 Maxine McGillivray Ringler

Bill and wife, Betty
Roger McGillivray, Gary McGillivray, Doug Ringler...three musketeers!


Maxine McGillivray Ringler, Doug Ringler
and baby girl Barbara

Jim McGillivray

Will, Alex, Ben McGillivray

Alexander McGillivray

Alex McGillivray

Maude and Alexander McGillivray

An anniversary party 
Frank McGillivray, Al and Johnny
Building Ships in WA for Navy WWII



Frank & sons, Dave and JR
     


 PLEASE, feel free to add your own photos, stories, and thoughts in comments. Maybe we will even feature yours in a future post!

Photos courtesy of Dave McGillivray, Barbara Benge, Kathryn McGillivray, Linda Mayberry, Robbie Smith, and a few from our stash.

4 comments:

  1. Can anyone help name the people in the unidentified photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of the women in the middle of this page is from Ellen Jane's funeral. She was my g-grandmother. These are the correct names: Vivian Olin, Lillian McGillivray, Ruth McGillivray, Esther McGillivray, Helen McGillivray, Front row: Geraldine Olin, Rena Olin, Beulah McGillivray, Camilla Olin, Lorraine McGillivray. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you!